Saturday, April 17, 2010

Collected Love Poems by Brian Patten

Collected Love Poems Collected Love Poems by Brian Patten





This is a book full of beautiful images, of wide eyed wonder with the sheer beauty,terror of the collections subject matter.

Collected Love PoemsFantastic creatures climb off the page to converse with the reader on items as mundane or as mythical as the readers credulity,or to curl up & slowly bleed to death whilst you shout your denials.



Into my mirror has walked

A woman who will not talk
Of love or of its subsidiaries,
But who stands there,
Pleased by her own silence.
The weather has worn into her
All seasons known to me,
In one breast she holds
Evidence of forests,
In the other, of seas.

I will ask her nothing yet

Would ask so much
If she gave some sign-

Her shape is common enough,

Enough shape to love.
But what keeps me here
Is what glows beyond her.

I think at times

A boy's body
Would be as easy
To read light into,
I think at times
My own might do. 



View all my reviews >>

No comments: